Sunday, October 7, 2012

More chokers soon to come!

I did a little shopping online and bought some more resin cameo pieces for my chokers. They did so well at the last show I did that I have no choice but to make a ridiculous amount for the next show. I want to play around with a bunch of different designs on the cameos. One request that I kept getting was for bronze findings for the Steampunk enthusiasts. I kinda came out with the choker idea a little late for AWA and didn't have a lot of time to buy a lot of variety. This time I'll make a special effort to appease the Steampunk crowd.

I bought some red and lavender crochet thread as well. I figured that I should play around with the lace color too and not to limit the variety in the resin. Unfortunately, the Joann's in my area doesn't supply a lot of variety so I have to make a few stops around the city to find some other colors. I love buying at Joann's because of the value, but I always end up having to go to the more expensive hobby stores for the variety.

I found a great Etsy store that sells nothing but ribbon clamps! It's called Twilight Fancy. The prices are at wholesale level and she even sells pliers for ribbon clamps. I'm so excited to do business with her. If I could favorite her shop a million times I would.

These anchor cameos have been calling my name for a while now. I'm so excited to actually work with them.
By the way, Wholesale Flowers is the shop that I've been buying all of my cameos and settings for my chokers. The prices are crazy awesome. If you ever need resin cameos, this is a great place for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment