Saturday, October 20, 2012

Indoor Photoshoot

I really, really don't like doing indoor photoshoots, but I am in desperate need of getting new listings on my Etsy shop. My room is completely filled with things that I've made for AWA. I was going to sell at Momocon, but they only have 40 tables this year and they've already filled up.

I heard that a lot of people were rejected without their work even being juried. That's lazy and unprofessional on Momocon's part. How can you insure the best art for the costumers if you just take the first few people that sign up and leave it at that. There are many talented artists out there who deserve to sell in the artist alley. *cough*me and Amber*cough* (We'll also include one of my Lolita friends Ashley in that cough because she makes the cutest jewelry.)

Anyhoo, I need to order more bronze findings to finish up the more "Steampunk" chokers. I won't call them Steampunk just because they have bronze findings, but whenever I tag them on a listing I will include Steampunk. Maybe one day I'll branch off into making more appropriate Steampunk chokers.

My Etsy shop is up to 79 sales now! I'm so excited! This Jayne hat sale was a great idea. I've been making a ridiculous amount of these hats, sure, but I've been able to afford food and more yarn. :D I think my next sale will be those Elf styled hats that are really long and striped. Usually they are $55 but I think I'll try to sell them for $40 for a month. Each month I'll try to have a new sale going on. I'm sure people are waiting for those Dr. Who scarves to go on sale, but we'll see. ;P

There was some super cute yarn with shiny silver wrapped around it so I had to buy one of each color. I bought black, purple, pink and teal. I plan to make two hats with each color; a "college hat" and a cabled slouchy hat. I've already tried this out with the black and there is just enough yarn to make two hats with the two patterns that I've picked out.





No comments:

Post a Comment