Sunday, November 18, 2012

Twilight Sparkle!

Though I am not a fan of My Little Pony, I will be making more pony hats. I have quite a few Brony friends and there are way too many people out there who truly enjoy the show for me not to make Pony hats for them. I've been doing the unicorn hats for years now so the MLP transition should be smooth.

I just bought the yarn for a Twilight Sparkle hat. I've been getting a lot of requests for her so she's next. I've got made to order Rainbow Dash hats up for sale right now on my Etsy shop.


One of the criticisms I've gotten over my pony hats is that they don't have the cutie marks on them, which some people think is lazy. The reason why I don't do it like that is because these are meant to be worn as cosplays to make you look like the character, not to represent the character. The cutie marks go on the rear, not the head.  If you notice with my other animal hat designs, I never add a face to the hat. Your face is the face. 

I'll eventually get to the point that I can make the other main ponies as well. I occasionally get requests to do Pinkie Pie and Applejack, but I've yet to get a Rarity request. The ones I get the most requests for is Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, so those were the ones I started with. 


[rant] I hate it when people request that I make a specific pony, or anything really, and then have no interest in actually purchasing it. I would rather spend my time and money making something that I know will sell than take random requests and lose that time and money. It really annoys me sometimes how people don't understand that I have to actually charge them money for my work and then they get offended that I would actually ask them for money for something that I made. It's like they forget that I am running a business. Or they try to play the friend card and I haven't seen them in years. My real friends are the ones who at least offer to pay. I try to work out deals for them because they understand.[/rant]

No comments:

Post a Comment