Wednesday, November 28, 2012

First knitting class!

My very first knitting class will be tonight from 5pm-7pm and I'm really nervous. I'm trying to think of ways to teach the class without losing control over everything. Hopefully I'll have a full classroom with really nice people in it. I was thinking of things to give to my students and really drew a blank. I can't give them a starter knitting kit because the whole point of having that class is to have people buy from the store. It's how they make their money. Also, I'm not sure when to collect their money. Before or after the class? If I teach them and then collect their money there's the chance that someone might not have the money and they just got a free class.

Again, I hope it's a bunch of really, really nice individuals. Maybe next week I'll have an idea of what to give my students. I was thinking of a charm bracelet and then adding a charm for each week they show up, but that would be way too expensive. Cute, but costly. I could try to make the bracelets. I'll have to see how much that would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment